The Rhinowares compact hand coffee grinder includes an adaptor so you can grind straight into an AeroPress. This grinder is a great solution for grinding coffee on the go, whether it be for travel, work or the convenience of making perfect coffee at home.
Some of the features of the Rhinowares compact hand grinder are:
- Its compact size allows it to fit into the AeroPress;
- Quality conical ceramic burrs for consistent grind, easy cleaning and less static;
- Smooth grinding motion and easy adjustment for a wide range of grind types;
- Includes a convenient and protective carry bag
- Superior particle size distribution.
A couple helpful hints for adjusting the appropriate grind:
- AeroPress: tighten the nut all the way, then ease off half a turn;
- Plunger (French Press): ease off 1.5 turns;
- V60 PourOver: tighten the burrs all the way, and then go half a turn back. Some further adjustment may be required from there depending on the specific beans used. Suggested ratio is 60g/litre.
- Moka pot/Stovetop (somewhere between drip and espresso): adjust your grind to the finest level (adjust so that the burrs are touching) then open up a notch or two.
As for cleaning, it is best to pull the grinder apart and give it a clean every 4 weeks (or more often if you are using darker more oily roasts. Wash with warm, soapy water and an old toothbrush to remove all residual coffee. Be sure to rinse with fresh warm water when finished and allow all parts to dry completely before re-assembling.