One of our hottest selling products in our online store and our James Street, Burleigh Heads cafe are the popular Bialetti Aluminium and Stainless Steel Stovetop Espresso’s. As you may know, we also stock the seals (gaskets) and filters, which are very affordable and easy to replace.
As we often get asked how to replace the seals, we have put together simple step-by-step instructions, together with pictures below. The process is exactly the same for aluminium and stainless steel stovetops.
1. Make sure you have the replacement rubber seals ready before you start. You can purchase aluminium and stainless steel replacement seals and filters here.
2. Carefully remove the rubber seal from your stovetop. If the seal is hard to remove, gently use a blunt bread and butter knife (rounded at the top so you don’t damage your stovetop) or a pair of tweezers. Be careful that you do not bend the metal areas surrounding the seal.
4. Clean the stovetop thoroughly with soft detergent and hot water (not in your dishwasher) then towel dry when done.
5. Install the new seal. Please note that the metal filter is installed with the bumpy side up so the seal sits neatly on top of that.
6. Once you have installed the new seal, re-assemble the stovetop gently ensuring that the seal doesn’t get pinched in between the metal parts.
7. Boil some hot water only to test the seal once it has been re-assembled.
Enjoy your stovetop espresso! Please remember that you need to replace your seal every 12 months.
Written by Therese Glowaski.